Deer Lake Aquatic Plant Management Plan: Invitation for Public Comments
The Deer Lake Improvement Association recently updated the Aquatic Plant Management Plan for Deer Lake. Committee members included: Brian Philip Lebens, John Wright, Kate Wright, Keith Bakke, Mark Thayer, Pete Ketchum, and Sharon Kelly.
Plan goals are to:
1) Protect and restore healthy native aquatic plant communities.
2) Prevent the introduction of aquatic invasive species.
3) Respond rapidly and aggressively to any newly introduced invasive, non-native aquatic plant and/or animal species.
4) Minimize curly leaf pondweed, prevent its spread, and restore healthy native plant communities in its place.
5) Educate and engage the public regarding lake stewardship.
A draft version of this plan is available for review, and public comments are welcomed through June 19.
Please send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org