Aquatic Plant Management
The Deer Lake Improvement Association recently updated the Aquatic Plant Management Plan for Deer Lake. Committee members included: Brian Philip Lebens, John Wright, Kate Wright, Keith Bakke, Mark Thayer, Pete Ketchum, and Sharon Kelly.
Plan goals are to:
1) Protect and restore healthy native aquatic plant communities.
2) Prevent the introduction of aquatic invasive species.
3) Respond rapidly and aggressively to any newly introduced invasive, non-native aquatic plant and/or animal species.
4) Minimize curly leaf pondweed, prevent its spread, and restore healthy native plant communities in its place.
5) Educate and engage the public regarding lake stewardship.
Please send comments to: email@example.com